Sunday, January 19, 2014

GORGEOUS WOODPECKER AT NORTH COVE

   Last weekend in the breaks between the rain I visited the Suffolk Wildlife Trust reserve at North Cove again in the hope of seeing Bramblings but once again failed although I know from other people that there are some on site at the moment but they are very mobile and easy to miss. There were several Siskin and Redpoll around but they too kept their distance and I was beginning to think that I would return with my camera unused for a change when a Great Spotted Woodpecker saved the day. I observed him from a distance away before he began to make his way closer hiding behind trees as he approached. He was attracted by the nuts in the feeders but was very wary and it took a long while until he plucked up courage and showed himself in the sun. I only had time to get a few images but it was worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment