Sunday, June 2, 2013

LAKELAND KINGFISHERS

   As I've mentioned in a previous blog there are Kingfishers on the river but unlike the last few years this time they were nesting just downstream from the cottage opposite the footpath that follows the river. Because they are a protected species you need a special license to photograph them on or near the nest so had to be careful where I took any images from but luckily for me I found a couple of observation points where they regularly seemed to perch away from the nest site. I must admit I'm not really happy with the images but as they are the only Kingfisher pictures I have taken I thought that they had better be included in a blog. As it turned out my time with these birds was very limited due to the weather and keeping the family happy but I hope to return to Kingfishers as a subject before too long.



No comments:

Post a Comment