Friday, April 26, 2013

MIGRANTS ARRIVE AT CARLTON MARSHES

   This week has seen the mass arrival of many summer migrants many of which have been much later than normal. I have popped over to Carlton Marshes a couple of times to catch up with the Yellow Wagtails and Blue Headed Wagtails but they have always been a long way off but I have noticed many other species arriving including Swallows, Sand Martins and warblers such as Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler and Grasshopper Warbler which I heard but didn't see. Also Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs which are quite similar but I think this is a picture of a Willow Warbler.


   On the 20th April I heard my first Cuckoo of the year which is always something I look forward to and I also saw this Whitethroat on the top of a bush singing. In addition to this I spotted my first Hobbies of the year and I hope to get some pictures of them later.


No comments:

Post a Comment