Friday, April 26, 2013

MALE MARSH HARRIERS

   I finally got the chance this week to take some decent images of Marsh Harriers at minsmere. Although I see them most times I visit they never seem to come that close to the hides and if they do it always seems to be cloudy or raining well at last this week the sun was out and the birds were performing, at least the males were as they collected nesting material. It was interesting to watch the birds as they glided above the reedbeds in the strong wind with their legs dangling down as I didn't realise how long their legs were. Watching the males collecting twigs and small branches and returning to their nest sites also gave me an idea where abouts the individual territories are and how many there are in the reedbeds. Here are a few of the many photographs I took this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment