Wednesday, October 9, 2013

RSPB TITCHWELL SPOTTED REDSHANKS




   The second half of yesterday was spent at RSPB Titchwell where I walked out along the path leading to the sea stopping to look at the marsh pools on the way in glorious weather. There were a multitude of different waders around and I found that by sitting myself down in some grass and keeping quiet several of the birds would happily approach and feed as normal allowing me to take some photographs from close range of species that I had only ever pictured at long range. These photos are of a Spotted Redshank resplendent in its winter plumage and in some is seen in a feeding run where the bird quickly walks through the shallow water with its bill slightly open in the water feeling for prey items.

No comments:

Post a Comment