Saturday, March 15, 2014

SPRING IN THE GARDEN

   A quick look around the garden this afternoon revealed that spring is well and truly on the way, the Cherry tree is in full flower and several bees were taking advantage of the warm conditions looking for a pollen feed. The most numerous were the Honey bees as seen above but there were also one or two Bumble bees which I think are Tree Bumblebees (Bombus hypnorum). I managed to get a shot of the bee flying as well as feeding on the Cherry, see below.

   Also seen in the garden was the first white butterfly of the year for me which is a Small White butterfly that was perched on a Tulip flower. They are very common but I don't get to see many of them this time of the year and I believe that this particular example is a male.




No comments:

Post a Comment